"You're just an old quack aren't you?"

..."Better a quack than a Ducky!" From that marvellous episode with "Bob".

Anyway, there I was sitting in a hospital bed on the hottest day (19th July) of "all time" (at least since July 1911) and the nurse comes in to ask me to "get ready" for the "procedure".

"Take all your clothes off and put on this gown. You can leave you pants on, we don't need to fiddle with those bits!"

The whole thing is kinda stressful, 'cos you don't know what they're going to find. The episode was lightened somewhat by the Sister/Anaesthetist double-act who were making everyone smile with their genuine wit - sadly "this sedation has an amnesia effect" and I can't remember much - so no change there then. All I do remember is thinking "Gad, My life is in the hands of Laurel and Hardy.

After it was all over, the Doc tells me that he can't find anything wrong with my throat & stomach and needs to do a CT Scan. He immediately followed that with "Does your insurance cover this?".

There's nothing like a British Doctor's concern for their patient is there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services