Was it a cat I saw?

Good grief. We come back from shopping to find the situation of one cat sitting in her normal position on top of the sofa and the other fat thing in his normal position asleep with his head in the cat bowl. I sit down only to be growled at by the black and white one on the sofa. Unusual. To cut a long story short, she is walking with one back leg in the air, mewing and growling in obvious pain. Ring vet.

"Hello, my cat is in obvious pain, can you take a look"
"Yup, what the name?"
"Bonnie"
"No, your name"

We exhange details, the parting shot being, "Certainly, that's £69 before we start, as it's a Sunday and we can take you to the cleaners because this is an emergency service."

Ok, wife & her (visiting) sister whip the cat off to the vets whilst I pick up the daughter from her Sunday job. I get back and carry on with the dinner. Wife+sis come back with sis-in-law in tears. "Oh, s**t, we have to had the cat put down?" I thinks.

Wife opens cat box (obvious joke ignored here). Cat hurtles off and beats up the fat ginger one and scoff his dinner.

"It's like this", she says, "When we got there she waltzed out having completely recovered during the journey"
"So why is sis-in-law crying?"
"She crying with laughter - it's when I tried to strangle the cat on the operating table to try and get my money's worth that did it"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services