i3 or not i3

My beloved Garmin i3 broke the other day - some cheap aerial I bought a while back on eBay left the plug part in the socket part and, despite valiant efforts with a pair of tweezers and eventually a soldering iron, I couldn't get the bit out. Ok, so it works without an aerial; in fact I don't actually use an aerial in any of my cars so really there's no difference...

But, I do use the aerial for Renaults and going-on-holiday-cars and this is where it all started. I drove Mum & Dad-In-Law to Southampton last week in their Renault and that did have a metallised windscreen hence the aerial, hence the bugger-it's-just-bust aerial.

Now, it costs about £75 to have it fixed and, more importantly the maps are 2 years out of date, and they're about £60 for the latest update. Ergo, a new Garmin please.

I tried this logic on the wife who asked me this important question - "What's wrong with the old one then?".

Never mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services