A-pawl-ling service

Hmm. When I test drove the smart Roadster in April I complained that the brakes were strange (like, they didn't work going into a roundabout). Indeed, I understand that they are a bit odd anyway at the best of times. However, the selling garage said that "they'd get them fixed". They did and things were fine.

Last week they got progressively worse - so much so that I figured I bust a slave cylinder or something. I pulled the rear drum off and had look. The offside pawl was missing, resulting in no slack being taken up by the ratchet as the shoes wore down.

"Hello, this bit's missing, I'd like you to fix it under guarantee."
"Oh no, sir, it's part of the brakes and they're not covered."
"Um, no, brakes are the weary-down thingies that... never mind"
"Ok, you get the bit and we'll pay for it"
"Fair enough, I've got nothing better to do at the weekend..."

I must be mad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services