Peugeot 106 Number 2

The week before last I relented and "bought it now" another 106 for my daughter (don't worry, she'll pay me back...) It was one of those "why is this so cheap?" eBay auctions. Having studied the auction, I decided it was because the guy actually had no idea how to sell a car - this was his first "sell". Last weekend we toddled off to Hertfordshire to pick it up. Things went perfectly until driving through Ware high street and half a mile to go, the SatNav decided to lose all satellites.

When we finally arrived we were presented with a pristine 10 year old 106.

"Err, where are these 'supermarket dents' mentioned in the ad then?"
"Here", he said, pointing to marks that can only be seen with a scanning electron microscope.
"You said the tyres needed replacing? These have still got 3mm of tread on them, these are fine"
"Oh, are they?"

We paid him the £750 and rushed off into the sunrise before the real world caught up with him.

The only thing that's actually wrong with it that I found later is the nearside driveshaft gaiter had some tiny holes in and most of the grease had come out. It'll need replacing.

I think I can put up with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services