I give up...

I'm not normally one for quitting, but this has got me stumped.

To quote from an old "Garfield" book - that's the cat, not the USA President of old - "It's not the veterinary medicine I dislike, it's the animals I have to work with..." The Mustang has suddenly started doing about 14mpg. I say "suddenly" because I really only started to notice it when the petrol price hit £1 a litre recently. So I did all the usual bits, plugs, leads, rotor, cap etc. etc. and even went as far as to check all the sensors, vacuum and HEGO's. Final straw was to change the MAF unit and TPS at $75 a pop.

No luck.

I even thought maybe I'd got the wrong plugs, so I found the 'correct' ones from the MotorCraft website and went to the local Ford Dealer instead of my usual part centre. Now, spookily enough, one of the chaps there has got the same model as mine.

"Why don't you go and get it properly sorted by a chap whose got all the right test gear?"
"I would, but I have no idea where that might be. I'm quite prepared to travel any where in the South East of England to find the right bloke!"
"Err, how about 8 miles from where you live?"
"Got a number?"
"Nope."

To cut the inevitable long story short about finding the phone number, I contacted the chap - who happens to be the secretary of the Mustang Owner's Club. And, of course, I know him.

"Did you know that we've got better kit than the Ford Dealers?"
"Nope, better make sure it works then. See you Tuesday."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services