Yes, that was it.

The bungalow passed peacefully into new owners on 1st September 2006.

But - solicitors are really something aren't they? As a parting shot the following conversation occured:

"Hello, when can I collect the cash?"
"We have to pay the estate agents first and then take our fee."
"Ok, do that and then when I collect the cash?"
"Ah, well, as it's capital transfer to more than one legacee we have to get written letters of approval from all parties."
"Eh? Where's that written down then? I'm the sole executor, so just write a damn cheque to me - I'll do the necessary distribution!"
...and without drawing breath he came back with...
"Oh, if that's what you want I'll do that".

So, while I'm getting "letters of approval" this dosh is merrily sitting in their account gathering interest.

Surely not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services