More Mustang...

Y'know when something just doesn't feel right? Well, something hasn't felt right with the Mustang for ages - it's just that I couldn't put my finger on it. I don't drive it very fast as I only poodle around town to and from work which is not far away. However, last night was different - I went to beach about 25 miles away and really hacked it down the motorway (freeway1)... and it wasn't right.

"What are you doing this morning?"
"Err, car things, my dear...."
(time passes as plugs are removed and compression checked)

I'm not that stupid, contrary to some people's opinion, so as I removed the plug leads (wires) I marked them up 1 to 8. However when putting them back I decided to check the manual to see what it thought about the positions. The upshot of it was is that I had numbers 3 & 4 swapped, and the sad thing is, is that I have no idea how long they've been like that.

"It sounds much better" commented my wife this morning.
"Yes, that's because it's running on eight, not six and two halves..."

1It's a Mustang so I have to use American terminology!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services