The aircon saga...

Hmmm, maybe we have a problem Houston. Ok, Dallas, but you can see where this is going. My aircon bloke who's fixing the Mustang rings me up:

"Err, where does this orifice tube go?"
"Dunno, you're the expert. According to all my research it goes 'somewhere near the firewall' in some tube or other"
"Nope, no way can that fit in there"
(ring)(ring)
"Hello Dallas Mustang, where does the orifice tube go?"
"In the drier" (click)
....call back a/c chap.
"Nope, can't possibly go there it's too large for the hole. I think it goes in the liquid line, that's why there's a crimp in the line and that's why I can't blow it through with nitrogen, and, your liquid line is so shagged that even if we were to get one of those Motorcraft repair kits, we couldn't use it anyway. You need a new line"
(ring)(ring)
"Hello DM. This is what my a/c bloke says...."
"I've been doing Foxes for 10 years and it goes in the drier" (click)

Plan required. "Google" for Ford Dealers in Detroit. Anyone, doesn't matter.

(ring)(ring)(ring)
"Hello, Mr Any Ford Dealer of Detroit here, how may I help?"
"Where's the orifice tube go?"
"Gee, I don't know, I'll go out the back and ask my a/c guy"
(interminable hold musack later)
"It's in the liquid line. Have a nice day"

So, new liquid line and discharge line (the only other line left) on order from DM.

At least now I have everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services