Oooh, look, a duck...

The Scottish Holiday.

We've just come "off the mountain" after a successful Eagle-Spotting-Twitcher-Annoying expedition...

Chapter Eight:

A short drive later we ended up in a nice pub in Machrihanish on the west coast. Nice pub, nice food, shame about the beer, oh well.

Suitably refreshed, we headed around the bay and got to a point on the road that quite clearly said "nothing interesting from here". I spun the Colt POS around and immediately my wife exclaimed "Stop, stop, stop!" She grabbed the camera, leapt out of the car and started clicking madly at the sea to her right.

I parked, got out, wandered over and stood next to a couple, both of whom had binoculars and were smiling knowingly. They were looking left.

"What are you doing?" I asked my wife.
"I'm taking pictures of those ducks. They've got a load of babies with them!"

Ducks & Babies

"Ah. So. You're not interested in those 11 seals over to the left then?"
"Crikey, I though they were rocks! Aren't they well camouflaged?"

Camouflaged Not-Ducks

I have a photo of my wife with the biggest smile ever.

Not-a-duck

We got back to the castle and recounted our day to our friends.

"We went past St Columba's Footprints saw nothing but rocks, went up a mountain, spotted an eagle, annoyed a twitcher and then went on and saw 11 seals! What about you?"

"Not bad, here are my pictures of all the seals at St Columba's Footprints. Don't they look just like rocks...?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services