.NET Error CLR20r3

Bear in mind that I'm a developer with a VB.NET development environment (Visual Studio) loaded onto my PC.

I had previously created an "Invoice Import" program using .NET, and because I was having problems with "Click-Once" deployment, I decided (in frustration) to simply put the .EXE file on the server and get my customer to execute it from there. She got the dreaded CLR20r3 error:
 
 

I didn't get this error at first - the program ran just fine - which was confusing to say the least. I guessed that it was because I had VS installed. Wrong. I re-booted my PC and lo-and-behold, I got the error too.

I Googled for this error for ages and there was no definitive answer. A lot of entries pointed to "missing file or DLL". But which one?

The answer was remarkably simple in my case. I simply chose "Debug the program" and selected "my" VS version (2005):


The next box to appear is the "real" error:


"DataAccessLibrary" is the class library used to access the database and is built as a DLL by VS. I simply located the DLL using Windows Explorer in the bowels of the solution and copied it to the same directory as the .EXE.

 

 I did the same for "BusinessObjectLibrary":

 

 Note: This almost certainly is not the way to issue programs... I have yet to find out why Click-Once insists on installing (at least) 5 versions earlier of the program, even though I uninstalled everything on the the PC and deleted everything off the server. But, it got the Finance Director of our backs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services