What else could possibly go wrong?

So. I got the new radiator hoses from Vauxhall at a stupid £45 for the two and fitted them the weekend before we were due to go away on our Touring-Trip-Of-Scotland. I used this as an excuse to get out of helping with my sister-in-law's 50th birthday party.

"But, I need to make sure the car is OK for next week dear!"
"OK, I'll take the smart, and woe betide you if you're late for the party!"

The Astra is now in bits and has no water in it. It is 6 minutes to 12 o'clock on a Saturday morning. I know this.

For some bizarre reason, I decided to test the tightness of the -ve battery terminal by gently shaking the clamp. It was loose. "Ah, I wonder if this is the cause of it cutting out last week?" I took a 10mm spanner and gently tweaked up the bolt. The lead post (as in led, not leed) offered no resistance and gracefully detached itself in its entirety from the battery, the terminal now firmly bolted to the -ve lead (as in leed, not led) which is now waving around in free space.

*ring*
"Hello local parts place, have you got a battery for an Astra, if so, when do you close?"
"Yes. In 6 minutes."

Eeek.

"Ah, let me explain..."
"(sigh) OK, I'll drop it off on my way home."

I *really* like these guys.

Battery and hoses fitted I made it to the party. The car running lovely. I even bought a proper set of mats from Halfords.

What else could possibly go wrong?

Comments

Nige said…
oooh, you shouldn't even think that question!

I hope nothing else did!

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services