Of Teeth and, well, Teeth

Following on from the teeth saga of the weekend, I rang up the "Teeth PCT1" today to keep them up-to-date with the state of play.

"Hello, let me explain about my Mom and how's she's found her bottom set of teeth."
"Err, yes?"
"Can you still come out to check her out please?"
"Yes, of course, we'll come out to check that they really are her own bottom set and we can then..."
"...what?"
"Oh yes, happens all the time..."
(weakly) "what?"
"...also, I think that you get her name engraved on them so we know for next time."
"Right, so, let me get this straight. There are 4,000 old people in Wolverhampton and 3,990 sets of bottom teeth and they rotate between them when they come into hospital?"
"Yes"
"So. You're suggesting that I engrave Mom's name on her teeth so they don't get lost?"
"Yes"
"Isn't this the NHS equivalent of dog tags?"
"Yes"

"Couldn't I get her micro-chipped instead?"

"No need, we've never lost an old person yet."


*click*

1They really are nice people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services