Sharp as a knife

This isn't funny, but. My big beef is that people (i.e. my family) use kitchen knives and never sharpen 'em. So when it's my turn to do some cooking, I end up having to sharpen them all - properly - before I can carry on, otherwise I end up simply squashing carrots & broccoli into pieces and making soup instead of side-dishes.

I sharpened them again, and because I had some time, I used the oilstone to get that marvellous Bate's Hotel honed finish...

My wife cut herself. Not badly - only a small plaster required - but enough to elicit some interesting expletives. I got yelled at. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE THEM THAT SHARP?!". Now this brought up an interesting concept - to me that implied she was intending to cut herself anyway...

"How sharp do you want the knife dear?"
"Oh, fairly blunt please, I only feel like a small scratch today, thanks."

Comments

WarpedWoman said…
They say that it's easier to cut yourself on a blunt knife than a sharp one. Yes, I know that sounds stupid but there is logic to it....maybe I'll explain it in my blog one day!

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services