Yee Har...

Yes, I know. I said I'd reserve that for Mustangs, but today I learnt something. "The Book" (i.e. the smart Roadster manual) mentions something about "sports starts". Basically you hoof the throttle down all the way and the engine revs to 3000rpm before the clutch engages. Now I've been doing this already and to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the 0 to anything speed. ('anything' to 'more than anything' is still very impressive however).

Today I sat on my favourite roundabout in lane three and this taxi drives up my inside. Something tells you that he's going right as well.

We can't have that now can we?

No.

So, I tramped it as normal - but this time something went "click" and the gas pedal went down just that bit further - the car accelerated so much that I actually couldn't let go to get to the upshift nor reach the "+" paddle without endangering the fact that I was trying to steer left around the island (and miss the taxi).

I confess to laughing all the way home.

Yeeeeeee haaaaar indeed....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services