Old people - ii

I get a phone call from my sister (in Turkey) who herself had a call along the lines of "your mother's in hospital, here's the number". I rang the number.

"Hello, have you got a old woman there at all? Admitted today?
(repeat three times, to different extensions)
"Hold on sir, I'll check" ... "I've just spoken to the ambulance crew who says she's still at home"
"So, she's not been admitted?"
"No"

Ring a lot of other people, including the Doctor's Receptionist.

"Your mother fell off the bed and bumped her bottom, so she pressed the red alarm button 'cos she couldn't move. The carers who turned up thought she'd broken her hip and called the ambulance - she's fine, but refused admission, so the Doctor's given her some pain killers and she's fine now"

In an attempt to explain an hours worth of calling and to cut down on international telephone calls, I text'd my sister:

"mom fine, got a sore arse"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services