LOC - Lines Of Code Counting

Can you believe that the people I work for want to count all the lines of code used in their systems? And, to make matters worse, they got some damn consultants to write a few pages on how to do it - "don't count blank lines or comments", "for each library routine count it once per system", "include form generation code", and so on...

I wanted to just make up a number -

"Err, it's about 3/4 million", I said.
"No, do it bloody properly", I was told.

OK, after about 9 hours of dragging the individual project's source code from back-up (SourceSafe) and using an automatic line counting program 'wot I wrote', I came up with 725,433. No - really.

I had to fill in 6 spreadsheets relating to the 6 major functional areas. I was given numbers "A179", "A435" and so on. I sent them back, filled in, and called "A179_FBLOC.XLS" etc. I've forwarded them to my team leader who has, in turn, forwarded them to her boss.

I'll tell her Monday that it means "F****** B****x Load Of C**p".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services