DIY + MFI

Shit happens, as my friend used to say (sadly, he's dead now, but that is another story1). Mr Ego drilled a hole in the wrong place for the handle on one of the small doors. "Don't worry" he says, I've ordered another one. A *large* parcel turns up some days later with a full height 600mm door. I ring MFI (again).

"Err, there's a parcel here with the wrong door in it"
"Why did you order that one then sir?"
"Eh? I didn't order it, it was the fitter he... Never mind, can you send me another door?"
"Why do you want another 600m door, when it's wrong?"
"No. I want another door to replace the one that's got the hole in the wrong place"
"Oh, What door is that then?"
"The small 'on the wall cupboard' door' that's only 450mm high!"
"We don't make that one"
"WTF? Look at the sales order woman, I ordered four small cupboards!"
"Oh they're hob doors, not cupboard doors, why didn't you say that first time?"

They hand-pick these people you know.

(Aside: door has turned up in one piece and it's the right one. Dare I ring him to get it fitted?)


1His death from brain cancer was the reason why I got the Mustang. Something to do with Life Being Too Short)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services