DIY to the max...

So the "man" turns up last Monday armed with a screwdriver and a large ego and starts to fit the kitchen. He decides that because I've not paid him to do the plumbing for the sink, he's going to fit the sink unit such that it's impossible to get to the pipe-work behind; and he knows that the dishwasher infeed hose won't reach the appliance tap under the sink... I got him back by going to MFI and asking them supply me with the shelves which he's taken away with him because there's no place for them. Well, they're my shelves, I want to throw them away, not him.

I eventually re-do the pipework and fit the dishwasher, outside tap spur and new monobloc tap using "speedfit" flexibles. I should at this juncture point out that the new kitchen saga all began because the old taps dripped.

The new tap dripped.

I take the tap back to B&Q and ask for a refund under Sales Of Goods Act - not fit for purpose. Much to my amazement, I get a full refund - which I duly use to buy an even more expensive tap.

The speedfit flexibles are right-hand threaded, tap 2 is left-hand threaded.

Now *really* annoyed I go to the local plumber.

"'Ere mate, have you got any converters or something?"
"Ah, those taps are illegal to use in the UK without special anti-syphon thingies"
"Eeek, got any?"
"Yup, but if you run off a header tank of less than a 1000 metres, the water pressure isn't powerful enough to open up the valve."
"Shit. How much is a new tap?"
"You mean one that looks exactly like the £100 B&Q one?"
"Yup"
"...and is legal to use in England?"
"Yup"
"...and with right-hand threads?"
"Yup"

"54 quid"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services