Driving round the bend - ii

It was daughter's 17th birthday yesterday and we ventured out onto the road for the first time. Getting out of the village is interesting to say the least as the roads are very narrow and generally not suitable for novice drivers, particularly at nightfall. With a suitable amount of encouragement along the lines of "err, my side of the road please" and "ok, I'll get the branches from under the wipers" we reached a heady 35 miles an hour as we neared the next village.

A country road isn't a real country road without a 90 degree bend in it, is it? So we duly hit said bend at the aforementioned speed.

"Eeek, brake, brake, BRAKE!" - fair play we reached the bend at a leisurely pace - and then we hit the floodwater at the apex. I have my arm out of the window and most of the rainwater is now forced up my sleeve and down the inside of my jacket.

Then "something happened" and a noticed a weird thumping noise from the nearside.

"Pull over here and I'll check the tyre"

We pull over at the end of someone's driveway, I get out and start to lovingly feel the rear tyre all around.

"Are you alright?" asked a "very nice lady"
"Yes thanks, it's the first time we've been out together" I replied proudly, pointing at my daughter in the driving seat.

She gave me a weird look.

"You dirty old man, get off my drive..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services