Out with the old, in with the new.

So that's it then. I've flogged the Rover for £215 (a bargain) to a bloke on eBay. I've bought a "new" Astra to replace it for a hell of a lot more! Not impressed travelling to Derby to pick it up - 4 separate train journeys and 7 hours. Well, it serves me right for not reading the ticket - if it says your seat is reserved at 12:00 then don't expect to get the 10 o'clock train! No wonder the underground ticket wouldn't let me through the barriers at 09:30. BTW: If you're prone to sea-sickness then the Midland Mainline is NOT for you...

Very impressed though. When I get there I find it's the Irmscher variant AND it had a new engine at 31,000 miles - neither of which was mentioned in the auction.

Where I picked it up from was near a station north of Derby called Duffield. It has two slabs of concrete laughingly referred to as a platform; and a bridge - the end of which drops you into an MOT station.

"Where's the waiting room?"
"You're in it mate. Can I do your tappets while your waiting?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services