Found the blighter!

I've been plagued recently by the infamous "Yahoo Search has hijacked my search bar in Firefox" problem. Like a thousand other people, Googling for that search generally yields nothing concrete. Most of the answers show that responders simply haven't understood the problem - "just set your home page" - no it's the damn URL search bar thingy, not my home page you idiot, etc. etc.

Anyway, someone gave me an idea - "Search for the yahoo.xml file and delete it, it's in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.default\searchplugins\yahoo.xml"

And there it was, so I deleted it and guess what?

Nope, it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

So I carried on looking, and there, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins is the offending file.

Shut Firefox and then delete the bugger.



Job done.

No, don't thank me, sponsor me...

(Well, it worked for me. No hate-mail please).
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services