Or Pooky Gets It

I found a bear a while back.

This of course was not a real bear. It was a pink bear about 3" high languishing in the back of a draw of a desk at work. I found it whilst moving offices one day. No one claimed it, so it ended up in my drawer instead.

I named it "Pooky" after the one in the Garfield cartoons. It used to stare blankly up at me every time I went for a rubber1. I occasionally would move its jointed legs around for fun and try and balance it on the desk divider, but mostly I would rummage it to once side to get to the eraser2.

Today I had an idea4.

In a sad attempt to drum up the sympathy vote, I came up with a fund-raising idea for my charity bike ride to Paris.

I would kill the bear.

It goes like this: Sponsor me or I would dangle the bear off the back of my bike on a piece of string at Christmas. In the cold. And the wet. I'm very good at knots.

I ran the idea past my wife. I got the look that said 'even you've over-stepped the mark this time'.

"What d'you think?"
"Lose the string. Try this: Get enough sponsorship and you take the bear to Paris with you on the bike."
"Tied on with string?"
"Shut up. If not, he stays at home."
"Tied up?"

*sigh*

"If you like."


1English Joke.
2American Film. 
3Durex. A Jasper Carrot story
4Twitter #orpookygetsit
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services