Fundraising by stealth

This is an unashamed plug at raising £2,000 for charity at:-


If everyone who visits my page above donates just £1 (or even, €1) then we can do this. Please visit Demelza House to see why it's worth it. You can even donate via PayPal - it's that easy!

After many months of deliberation, I finally decided (=shamed into) to sign up for the Demelza House 101 Cycling Team. This is a 4 day, 270 mile, Sittingbourne-to-Paris bike ride in April 2014 to raise £100,000 for the children's hospice.

Well, to be absolutely honest, I am the last one of my group of friends to do so. Several signed up straight away many months ago, the rest signed up over a period of weeks. My friend, Mark, and I took a more pragmatic approach.

"Um, it's a long way, that's, like, 60 miles a day."
"Yeees, do you think you can make it?
"Not sure"
"Oh good"
"Let's think about it over beer."
"Good plan."

Over the following months we stoically resisted pressure from the others and I secretly hoped that the limited 100 places would be filled very quickly and the decision would be made for me.

Not so.

Last week we went for a beer. "Tell you what", Mark said, "I'll do it if you do!", "Ooh look, an eagle!"1

I got a phone call yesterday. "Um, I thought you'd like to know that we went for a barbecue the other night with the rest if the gang and I got coerced into signing up."
"You mean you got rat-ars*d and wasn't thinking?"

"Might have. Possibly."



1Look it up... :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services