Brasil VII - Lunch to end all lunches

Midway through our Beach Buggy Safari, there was a planned stop for lunch. I was told that "it was in the middle of a river". This didn't overly concern me as surely there must be a bridge or something to get to the restaurant?

I was wrong. Quite wrong in fact.


The restaurant was indeed, in the middle of a river. The tables were located in the water and we now realised why we were told that bringing swimming trunks was mandatory. When we got there my wife took one look and announced "There's no way I'm walking through that water with my gammy toe". (Never mind the fact that this water was probably better quality than Evian even though there were children swimming in it). "I'll eat on the bank".

This naturally upset the locals. And one returned with a chair. "Seet down...", his friend, quick as a flash, whipped out a carrier bag from behind his back and tied it around her foot. "Don't move", and the two of them carried her out to the table.

Spot the carrier

When we'd all stopped laughing (wife included) we ordered the lobster.

It was shortly after that when my sister said, "Oh, I think you've got sunburn!" - this was a marginal understatement.

Now let me tell you that sunstroke and lobsters do not mix. I spent that night and all of the next day, half in bed and half, well, somewhere else. Put it like this, regrettably I shall never eat lobster again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services