Average age - 110 dB

The wife & I went to see "The Spirit Of Pink Floyd" last Friday at the Winter Gardens in Margate. Now, I'm not reviewing the "gig" - although they did start off a little, um, slow and eventually got going after the interval. I noticed however that the average age of the audience was about 50 and if you could make a cloth out of all the blokes' hair you might just about scrape together a hankie. No, it was the comments from the chaps behind after the band did "Hey You" post-interval.

"Well, they finally got one right then..."

I got little worried when the guy beside me - who "went for a spliff" at the break - said after then next rendition "This ish my favourite shong from the best album ever". I smiled politely, I had no idea what the song was or indeed from what album, "yeah, the best ever" I agreed. Fortunately the "I luff you" and arm-around-the-shoulders didn't happen.

After the show and everyone was shouting at one another - "I'M JUST GOING TO THE LOO", "YES, 10 O'CLOCK", "WHAT?", "AT THE CAR!" - It dawned on me why most people of my generation are deaf.

On the way out we noticed a bunch of CD's on a table. "HOW MUCH ARE THEY PLEASE?", someone asked, "£5 sir" came the reply.

My wife looked at me a little puzzled.

"Why pay a fiver for a tribute band when we've got the originals at home?"

"Pardon?"

The real one.

Yes, indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services