You can probably guess where this ends.

Before we came away on holiday, my eldest son confided in us that he was going to "do it properly" and propose to his pregnant girlfriend whilst we were all away on holiday. He went shopping with my daughter (for her advice and approval) and he bought a lovely engagement ring which he showed to my wife and I just before we got into the cars to drive to the airport.


"I'm not going to let this out of sight", he said, "I'm going to keep in on me at all times."
"That's really lovely, Just you be careful with it.", my wife remarked... and he put it in his buttoned1 jacket pocket along with the keys to the padlocks to his & girlfriend-soon-to-be-fiance's suitcases.

We arrived at the apartments at 5:00am and we all had to show our passports to the receptionist. (This presumably is because they think Immigration Control at Palma Airport isn't good enough).

"Can I have my jacket please, doll?"
"Um, I haven't got it, last I saw it was on top of the suitcase before we picked up the car at the airport"
"But it has my passport in it!"
"Oh my god!" shrieked the girlfriend "That means you can't get home and it's all my fault!2" and she dissolved into tears.

My wife carefully sat the sobbing girl out of earshot of the desk 'cos she knew what was about to unfold.

"Done worry" said the man behind the desk, "eet 'appens all the time, nobody steals passepots any more. Anyway, the Police at the Airport weal seemply write a note and let you 'ome next wik3."
"Err, it's a bit more important than that. Let me explain."
"Hokay, I reeng the airpot for you, but I theenk there's nobody there now4".

We all went off to the apartment.

"Dad?"
"Yes?"
"Do you know how to break into a suitcase?5"

1This is interesting.
2No it isn't.
3This why the hotel checks your passports because Immigration Control probably isn't good enough.
4Yes there is, remember? The random man in the uniform is the Policeman who answers the phone (apparently).
5For the sake of brevity and suspense, "to be continued..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services