Question: Is this wrong?

I was mindlessly staring into the goldfish pond today and noticed the slightly fatter goldfish being harassed and chased by the other two. They did some strange stuff that I'd never seen before - weaving in and out of the plants and even breaking the surface of the pond at some point, and rolling from side to side.

It then dawned on me. She was of course spawning and the other two were desperate "to get in first".

Wondering why I had my head stuck in a goldfish pond, my wife came out to join me. She took one look at the commotion and shouted "Leave her alone!". TBH, I'm still not sure to whom this was directed, me or the fish.

After it had all settled down and the two males swam off for a post-coital cigarette, I took a long hard look at the plants hoping to find the goldfish equivalent of a lump of frog-spawn. What surprised me was that almost every single stem had one or two 0.8mm-sized eggs attached to them and therefore the eggs were spread out of a large area and not in one large mass:


The question is: Was it wrong of me to watch the sexual antics of the fish, or should I have rung David Attenborough first?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services