"Follow that Cow!"

We went to the smart festival yesterday. I almost threw away the invite - well, you do don't you? Something shiny drops through your door with "You have been invited..." written on it, you think "Oh, 'eck another bloody scam..."

Anyway, I registered by pure chance - I rang up the FreeFone number to "...get more information..." and ended up being told that "...if I didn't register, I wouldn't be eligible for my free bacon sandwich" at the Merc dealer from where we were going to start.

Already I had slight misgivings. This was the smart festival, not the smart roadster festival. "Going up together" meant "going up in convoy". I'd done this before with the Yanks - '55 Cadillacs only do about 50 flat out, we used to do about 45. smart 600cc ForTwo's ain't that quick.

Sure enough, we ended up going down the M26 at *precisely* 40 mph - much to the annoyance of foreign lorry drivers who just had to overtake us. I estimated we had about 60 vehicles which made an interesting sight.

When we got to Mercedes Benz World at the old Brooklands racing circuit, I spoke to a lady driving a Crossblade (look 'em up). "Oh!" she said, "we had a real tube going there!". Tube? WTF? Then it dawned on me in the same way crashing the B Ark on Earth dawned on Ford Prefect (look that up too).

"Oooh, I see, Smarties In A Tube".

My wife and I gently exited stage left; "oh what's that over there? c'mon let's look", she said. "That's another ForTwo", I replied. She grabbed me by the arm, "Let's look at it anyway..."

Oh, this cow:



In case you didn't bother, this is a Crossblade. They made 1200 of them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services