3 strikes and they're all out.

So, it was GCSE "results day" yesterday - the 3rd and last one for us. When #1 son did his, we had to bribe him (with cash) in order for him to take the remotest interest in work whatsoever. It cost me £70 and we were very proud of him.

Unfortunately for us, smart cookie #2 girl remembered this, "Well," she said haughtily, "you have to treat us all the same!". It cost me £180.

#3 son bought a BMX bike at the start of the summer with his own money and we 'subbed' him the rest in a strange belief that he would get good grades...

Yesterday cost me £220 - 4x"A", 4x"B", 2x"C" and an "E".

I send him a text - "I owe you £220, you owe me £121 for your bike. And, you owe me £100 for the "E". So that's a pound you owe me... ha ha ha"

(Note to the shocked: I send him another 30 seconds later - "Well done, terrific!")

He sent a text back - "And just what did you and mum get for your GCSE's?"

Good point, the lad will go far. However, neither of them have grasped the meaning of "inflation".

I win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services