Going commando, possibly culottes

I'm fairly meticulous about planning trips. Dunno why, I just hate rushing and end up being late for ferries, aircraft etc etc. I also like to know where I'm spending the night - hence pre-booking hotels, locating them on the map and entering the coordinates (twice) into the Garmin.

We're doing a tripette to France with our friends at the end of May, they're going in their MGF-180 and we're going in the smart Roadster. Should be fun...

However, the French seem very keen to keep the English out (no change there then), because the first hotel directions are "turn right at the D976" but fail to specify which particular right turn. The booking website gives one location and the
one from the hotel chain website lists another, neither of which are in the Garmin database. I have two manual Garmin entries "Hotel1a" & "Hotel1b" just in case. You never know, I may even get an answer to my email before we go.

The second directions are "turn right at the D56 and it's about 2km down there", and of course 2km "down there" is in a river. When I emailed them for a multimap url and/or GPS coordinates I got the reply - " Quoi? We do nit 'ave a comput
รจ
re"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services