Sense prevailed...


Buying a Z3 seemed like a good plan. After all you could get about 38 to the gallon and all the straight-sixes do the same mileage (nearly) - so the 2.8 seemed excellent. But, around town that drops to around 23 - the Mustang does 19. Get a smaller engine? Yeah, but they're rubbish (not my opinion, but that of most of the reviews I read).

I went up the local Co-Op. And, spookily enough, there was a Z3 ("M" 3.2) sitting in the car park with some old chap driving it (he was older than me, so I can say these things...). "That's it - there's someone else in the village with one, can't have one of them". I drove home and spotted another one. Need to go back to Plan A.

Plan A always was to get a Smart Roadster, but they're not that quick - but they can do 70 to the gallon.

Then I discovered the Brabus variant...

I'm picking up my 16,000 miles, '04 plate, silver one on Tuesday.

Comments

Unknown said…
It's about weight versus power. Being a light-weight it doesn't take much to move it. The driving position and handling is exceptional, you'll leave most cars standing on bends. Good choice. Hope to see you on theroadster.net

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services