429...

Y'know, call me cynical if you will but I've just been reading an article in the Daily Mail about the sad case of Madeleine McCann. If I had lost my daughter, I too, would be doing everything in my power to find her again. Maybe I wouldn't have gone down the pub, and eaten in instead, but that's as maybe.

The article (in brief) is that the Barcelona detective agency say "they'll find her by Christmas". "We know where she is". "We know who's got her". etc etc.

I have a real problem with this.

"Hello Mr Bad guys, we know where you are. Would you like to stay there while we fetch the Police?"

Hmm, no.

I really can't help thinking that this is an elaborate form of the 429 scam. They have a six month contract to find her:-
    'Repeating his earlier promise to find Madeleine before March, he said: "We have a six-month contract. We have always said we want to fulfill it by finding her."'
"We only need a leetle bit more money and then we've got her."
"Ohh, just meesed her, we need a leetle bit more money to pay the man at the Embassy."
"Oh, the six months is up. Sorry."

I hope I'm wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services