Fuel Injection Made Easy - iii

A tiny problem manifested itself late last week with the 106. The air temperature dropped somewhat and my daughter had trouble starting the 106 and then keeping it ticking over. A brief investigation revealed that the new idle control motor fitted recently wasn't actually doing any idle control motoring at all. I rang my "favourite" Peugeot Dealer on the grounds that they had left it in that state in the first place.

"Before I bring it in, how can I test it?"
"Oooh, we can't tell you that, or we'd have to kill you. We would put it on the *special machine* and do an actuator test"
"Oh, so you would start the car and see if the motor was stepping in and out ?"
>click<


It wasn't. I found a new one on an identical 106 in the local breakers, so I bought the whole injection unit for £35 and swapped out the stepper motor. This seems to have had the desired effect.

Watch this space.

Something I found out:- The part numbers for Bosch Stepper motors fitted on 106's end 600, 601, 602 & 603. The all fit, but they're different. Mine ends in 603. Can you guess which is the most difficult one to find?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services