Eating out in Sittingbourne

I'm not normally one for writing gastronomic reviews - particularly ones about pubs - however, I thought this was worth a mention. There's a village near us called Stockbury and right in the middle is a pub called The Harrow. It's used to be cr*p, but has recently been taken over by a French bloke and his wife - both of whom are chefs. Don't get me wrong, they don't (as yet) do French cooking (I'm working in him about that one), but they do really good value, quality meals.

The first time we went my friend had a steak & kidney pie. He was poking his fork around the dish.

"What's wrong?"
"I'm trying to find the gravy, there's no room for it with all the steak and kidney they're put in"

I removed the pastry lid from my chicken and leak pie - same thing, loads of chicken and leak. Excellent.

And the beer is good too - Shepherd Neame, but hey ho, you can't have everything.

We asked the chap about his background.

"Oh, I came over here in 1984 and got a job in Bournemouth and I've stayed ever since"

"What, by choice?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services