There's no such things as ghosts...

Now I'm not normally one for getting scared about such things, but an odd thing happened today at work. We've recently moved offices from our satellite office in "town" to our main office "out of town" (which, incidentally is much better for me as I live on "that" side of town). We're all still in a complete state of disarray1 and so we stopped on after finish time to tidy up a bit more.

One of the Support guys came down from upstairs and asked who had been in the Comms Room.

"Dunno, Why?"
"Several of the telephone patch leads have been removed again and tucked under the racking."
"Again?"
"Yes, it's happened about three times already to my knowledge."

Long conversation about scary stuff ensued and we decided that someone obviously was taking the key and getting up to mischief.

I mentioned this to the night receptionist on my way out.

"Ah. Let me tell you a story about the guy in the blue jacket on the middle floor who sometime is in reception before we unlock the building, and who unlocks offices when I've got the only key..."

Eeek. I hope I never get a call-out a 3:00am.

1I likened it to being like a chair in a cafe that's just shutting - upside down on the desk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services