Decking - ii

Well, after a fairly traumatic week (we said fairwell to Ellen) I managed to get on with the decking. My neighbour popped round to help. Help which was gratefully received as I was in the middle of trying to balance a 4.8m deck board on a workmate whilst trying to cut the 45 degree angle with one hand and hold the other end which was by now flapping in the breeze...

We got on a pace and eventually ran out of wood. (Yeah, I know, I had enough short bits that all added up to the required length, but none long enough). We retired for a beer.

His wife strolled up to see how we were getting on.

"Hello dear, where are your glasses?"

I was suddenly reminded of the "Carpet Fitter And Budgie" joke.

Comments

WarpedWoman said…
That looks like it could do with me on it in the sunshine with a bottle of chilled Chardonnay...

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services