Duplicate Post

Right. So I win a bike bottom bracket on eBay and the normal stuff happens with the chap (or chap-ess) posting said item.

A few days later, a "sorry we missed you card" drops on the mat. Normally, on none-delivery, the postie either takes the parcel to the main office in town or, takes it to the local Post Office - a five minute walk up the road. This time it was "Your parcel is four miles away in the next village" - WTF? I check online and find that the Post Office shuts on a Wednesday afternoon else I would have driven there and then in the smart.

I read the note again. Yup, it's in the next village. And, rather lazily, the postie has only written my address on it, not my name as well.

So, I cycle to work the next day as normal and afterwards cycle the four miles past my village to the post office.

"Hello, have you got a parcel for me? It's a bottom bracket, so it'll only be about so big". I held my hands in front of me to give the lady an idea of the the size.

"What's the name?"
"Pete"
"Ah, er, no. Are you on your bike?"
"Um, yes, why"
"They have put it in rather a large box you know"
"Why did he deliver it here then?"
"Your Post Office shuts on a Wednesday"

She picked up a parcel that genuinely was about 3' x 18" x 6".

"And, it's rather heavy"
"And it's addressed to my son it would seem too"

So there you have it, my son had ordered a wide-screen HD-ready monitor for his computer, I've round-tripped 8 miles not to pick it up and when I get home the cleaner has taken in my parcel.

Great(!)

Oh, and it transpires that they haven't shut on a Wednesday since we went decimal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services