London To Brighton - i

In a couple of weeks I'm doing a London To Brighton bike ride in aid of Demelza House (again). We all signed up for this after Paris as we thought we needed something to focus on. Needless to say, no-one apart from me has done any training for it and I only have by default as I cycle for work.

However, in a fit of enthusiasm sparked by Warped Woman getting a trike, I signed up for the Taff Trail Challenge the week after.

I confess to spending more time researching this one than LTB. So much so that I even followed the entire route from Brecon to Cardiff on Google Street View using the organiser's instructions. I was amazed that Google even went off-road at some points.

I even bought a new set of off(ish)-road tyres to replace the Gatorskins.
  • Drive to Cardiff and back - £50 diesel
  • New tyres - £40
  • Registration - £20
  • Sponsorship - £40
  • Evening in the pub the night before - £20
Why don't I just give the charity £50 and have done with it?

Why? That would be too easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services