Don't worry, I have nothing better to do

I got a call earlier from the Assistant Warehouse Manager today.

"My boss tells me that he's not getting any emails from the Heath & Safety System. He thinks he may be set-up as Michael.Surname, not Mike.Surname. Can you have a look please? He's not in today."

I check the database. Nope, he's definitely Mike.Surname, so what's the problem? I check another older system just in case the mail is going via that route. That involves logging onto a remote server and waiting a bit for the logon.

Nope, that's fine too.

Bemused, I check the SQL that sends out the mails. I slice out the appropriate part and run it:-

"To: mike.surname. Subject: An accident occurred"

So, that's not the issue either.

I write a long email showing my investigation, and basically, I have no idea. Is he receiving any email at all?

*ring* *ring*

"Hello, I'll just log onto his PC and check to see if he's getting any mail at all."

Sound of key pressing over the phone.

"Yes, he's defo getting some stuff."
"This is weird"
"Yes, it is strange."

More key pressing.

"Hang on, the prat has got a rule moving everything from the Health & Safety System into Deleted Items".

Oh, that'll be it then - good job his surname isn't Hunt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services

One out of Four ain't bad.