How Not To Be Clever

My wife has recently been into "day hospital" for a minor operation. It was the usual "name, date of birth, next of kin please" sort of stuff and eventually we made it onto the ward where we went through *exactly* the same set of questions.

"They're only making sure they've got the right person," my said trying to justify, "they must make sure that everything is right!"

"Right, everything off, put on that gown" smiled the cheery nurse, "now go and pee into that bowl..."
"Oh, ok(?)" replied the wife, "I'm sure they know what they're doing."

She toddled off and returned with a bowl full of, well, you know.

"Ah"
"Ah, what?" said the wife
"I didn't notice that on your notes, it says you had 'the lot' out a while ago, the pee-test was to ensure that you're not pregnant."
"Err, yes, I am completely potential-child free and have been for some time now..."

'Didn't notice'? There was a look of panic on her face when she thought that they may not be so slick after all.

I tried to relieve the tension.
"Oh, so that's another toad wasted then?"

Cheery-nurse gave me a whithering look.
"Frog. African, Clawed, Frog. Xenopus laevis."


"Ah. I'll just pop out and get another parking ticket then."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services