Thank you

I would like to thank the pilot of the Mk something-or-other Spitfire that flew over my village on Saturday.

My wife would not.

We were enjoying a cup of tea on the patio when I heard something interesting flying over. I looked up to see her (ie the Spit, not my wife) banking around the village and disappear behind the roof tops. I leaped up and rushed to the end of the path, bumping into the patio table as I did so.


I managed to get to a decent vantage point just to see her do a victory roll over the next village and then drone off over the Thames Estuary and towards Essex.

Yeah! Thanks!
I went back into the garden.

"That was a later mark", I explained, "that didn't have the Merlin engine, else I'd have heard it earlier. That one had the later Griffon engine - they're quieter, so that makes it later than a Mark XII or later."

"Sod that, now can you get me another cup of coffee please?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services