How to impress your friends.

Well, not friends, but an impressionable chap in the office who bought a smart roadster because I had one. He's now sold it and sort of regrets it. So, when a chap's down there's nothing like kicking him a bit further is there?

I recently discovered that my new Garmin Nuvi (an amazing bit of kit) has a trip log of some sorts that remembers amongst other things, what your top speed is. Similar to this:

So with appropriate misleading comments such as "Gosh, look how fast I've been", I showed him the relevant screen - 141mph.

"Holy ****".

He walked off muttering something about changing tapes in the Server Room.

I sort of neglected to say that I'd been on a course the week before and had taken the unit on the the Javelin train on HS1 to St Pancras.


I might just forget to say anything.

Comments

Nige said…
That's evil! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services