Flueless but not clueless

With a heavy heart I trolled off to town to have a word with the local "fireplaces-r-us" people about what sort of electric fires they did. Having removed the old flue (which probably wasn't up to spec anyway) I had now burnt my bridges as far as gas stoves were concerned.

"...so there you have it", I said to the now-eyes-glazed-over woman in the shop, "I can't have a log burner".

"Umm, what about a flueless gas burner? They're made from the same cast iron case as a log burner and from the same manufacturer, but they're fitted with a cat and only chuck out clean, hot air. You don't need a flue or a hearth!"

"That's a bit cruel", I remarked. There was a sound of a bad joke hitting the floor; and the eyes rolled to the ceiling.

"Have a brochure, there's the door."

The Esse 500 fire and black granite hearth turn up tomorrow.

The cats are now vacuumed. Nothing like fitting a clean one is there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services