Plan A27 is complete

...after a certain amount of thought, skimming the whole ceiling and losing the Artexing lost its appeal somewhat. I gently broached the subject with the other half who "always has hated Artex".

"Umm, how about if we get someone in to patch up the hole and blend in the pattern? That way we won't have to remove the entire contents of the lounge into the garage". I moved out of arms reach a little.

"Yup, that's fine."

That took me by surprise somewhat. "Ok, I'll 'yell.com' for Artexers near here. 'The next morning', as they say in Mills & Boon, Gary-the-I've-done-this-for-30-years-Artexer turns up armed with nothing but a keen eye and a pencil. "Yup, it's a professionally done pattern, I can match that no probs - you'll hardly notice it. What are you doing about the wall? I'm a plasterer too."

"How much?", "2 days work", "You've got the job". "When can you start?". "In 4 days".

He had another look around to make sure he hadn't short-changed himself.

"Can you take the radiator off the wall?"

"Yup"

"Oh, and can you move those dusty cats?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services