<expletive deleted>

After 12 careful years of looking after my work PC, I left it turned on this Monday gone because one of my work colleagues needed to use it on Tuesday (it takes too long to boot - but that's another moan). I came in today to find it in a permanent state of reboot because some t*** in Finland decided to remotely load on some new crap that required a re-boot. No one spotted the "please reboot" question. That crap was F-Secure. The "waiting reboot" (we think) left the PC unprotected and somehow the MSBlast virus got on it - probably not, but we've no other explanation.

Anyhow, none of the normal fixes worked so we decided to use an XP install disc to "repair" Windows. Yeah right. Setup failed halfway through with a SVCHOST crash and that was that. No way out. After 7 hours of trying to fix using the keenest minds in Britain we've had to re-install a clean O/S.

So that's Thursday and Friday knackered then.

I hate Microsoft. I hate the Finns even more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services