Miles, schmiles.

Well, Renault have gone down in my estimation as bit. I figured that the (Dacia) Duster should be doing more MPG than it was so I moaned at them a bit. To be fair Renault Maidstone took the car in and checked the "clip" - i.e. they plugged in the ODB tester and found "nothing wrong". A Brownie Point to them for trying.

So, I opened a case with Renault UK to see what they could do. A bloke rang me up to discuss how I should drive a Diesel.

"Don't rev it more than 2,000. Don't put anything in the boot. Don't have any people in it. Throw away the spare tyre...". I lied about the tyre, but you get the idea.

"Listen, my Dad taught me how to drive slow - he was very good at it too. But I'll try what you ask."

I managed to get another 3 mpg out of it. It's a thin line between changing gear and having the engine flame out due to no revs.

He rang me back. Another Brownie point.

"Nope, still a load of old bollocks."
"OK, here's a log book, fill it out for every journey for a week."

We drove around Norfolk for a long weekend and eventually managed to clock 47 mpg on one 30 mile journey by driving around the lanes slowly, even to the point where we were overtaken by a white-haired old lady in a Morris Traveller.

I returned the form. "Thank you for your email". That was a week ago. Since then, nothing, not a sausage.

How hard is it to say "Y'know, the 53 mpg we claim is outrageous. We'll change the advertising."?

Don't hold your breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services