Old joke - I'd be out on good behaviour by now

So the 25-year "do" on Saturday went swimmingly well. In fact, almost like clockwork. We did have a panic the day before though.

"Hello, it's the chairman of the Village Hall here, why haven't you got the local pub to do the bar?"
"Um, because I fell out with him 15 years ago and haven't been in his pub since?"1
"Oh, you're taking one of our 12 licenses... blah blah blah"
"So what? He'd be using one anyway what's the difference?"
(time passes and eyes glaze over)
"Hello secretary of the Village Hall here, when do you want the keys?"
"What's this about licenses?"
"Oh, he doesn't understand anything. I run it all. Have a nice night"

A few things did go slightly awry:

  • The queue for the bar was too long, and somehow it was my fault that I didn't know the drinking habits of people I'd not seen for 10 or more years.
  • The last dance CD skipped.
  • My feet hurt through dancing.
  • Mother-in-law did not get drunk.
Oh, and Sainsbury's buffet service is to be recommended.

1This is true. Never ever make the the mistake of serving me a not-full pint and then claim it's my fault...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services