Fuel Injection Made Easy - ii

I'm ashamed to admit that I gave in and took the 106 to the main dealer...

"What's wrong with it?"
"It's using too much fuel and the CO is way too high at 13%, and it's coking up the plugs".
I then proceeded to give the woman behind the counter the long history of what I had, and had not, fiddled with. I stopped when her eyes glazed over and I started to visualise her as the old woman in Airplane.

I went home on the train.

2 hours later: "Hello, it's all fixed. It was your O2 sensor"
"Erm, is that the same O2 sensor as the one I changed for a brand new one? Oh well, so long as it's fixed. What the CO reading now?"
"Oh, he's a technician, not an MOT man he wouldn't check the CO."
"Do you think that might be a good idea on the grounds that that was the original problem? It'll take 2 minutes to shove the pipe thingy up the exhaust to check won't it?"

3 hours after the first 2 hours: "It's all fixed now, he reset the ECU as well"
"So it wasn't the O2 sensor after all then?"
"Oh yes, it was definitely that as well"
"Did he change the plugs?"
"Err, no."
"Did he check the fuel economy?"
"Err, no but he did take it for a long drive using all your fuel."

Funny that, I won't be going back to Robins And Day (Rochester Motor Company or vice-versa) for a while. Not that I think they've stitched me up for a new O2 sensor or anything when all they had to do was reset the ECU - but what do I know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded" when using SSRS

Oooh, look, an Eagle...

SQL Server 2008 / Reporting Services